SDS Forth Valley is a long established charitable organisation that has a compliment of committed staff who are experienced in guiding and supporting you through the process of exploring, obtaining and maintaining your Self Directed Support. We are overseen by the Board of the Independent Living Association Forth Valley which includes members who are in receipt of SDS.
Outcomes are defined as what matters to people, as well as the end result or impact of activities.
If the local authority concludes that you need support you will receive a community care assessment report. This can be challenged if you disagree with elements contained within it.
Following the assessment SDSFV can support you through the different SDS options that best fit the type of support you seek.
Thereafter, SDS Forth Valley can support you in obtaining either a provider agency or employ a personal assistant to provide your support needs through:
- Help you find an Agency that provides your care and support, or,
- Help you recruit a personal assistant by;
- preparing a job description and profile
- advertising (anonymously) for staff
- arranging a contract and all the legal work
- signposting you to a payroll company ( pay, tax, National Insurance)
- setting you up as an employer with the statutory bodies
- helping you ‘settle in’ as an employer
- help you complete your council financial return
- arrange training for staff, ie moving and assistance, food hygiene etc.
- We then provide you with all the assistance you need to continue as an employer for as long as required.