Your Direct payment can only be used to meet your assessed need.

This can be achieved by either employing one or more personal assistants (PAs) of your choice. or by contracting with a Care Provider or a mixture of both.

Sometimes the council will agree that your needs can be met by buying equipment.  It is essential that you discuss the need for equipment with your support officer before purchasing.