Challenge Poverty Week
Challenge Poverty Week is an opportunity for you to raise your voice against poverty and show what needs to be done to tackle poverty across Scotland.
130 organisations large and small supported Challenge Poverty Week last year, and we hope even more get behind it this year.
The main aims of the week are to:
- Show the reality of poverty in Scotland and challenge stereotypes
- Highlight and showcase the solutions to poverty
- Increase public support for action to solve poverty
The key messages of Challenge Poverty Week are:
Challenge Poverty? Aye we can!
- Too many people in Scotland are trapped in the grip of poverty
- By boosting people’s incomes and reducing the cost of living we can solve poverty
- Solving poverty is about ensuring we can all participate in a just and compassionate society